Disney stars dominate Variety’s Young Hollywood Impact Report 2019
A galaxy of young Disney stars has been recognized on this year’s Young Hollywood Impact Report 2019 – an annual report released by Variety.
Variety writes: “The eclectic talents on Variety’s annual Power of Young Hollywood list have all made an impact on showbiz in the past year. They may be singers, actors or YouTube stars, but they share one thing in common: show-stopping creativity.”
Normally, it’s one of those lists that you might find yourself browsing through going: “Who? Who? Who?” This year, however, a fair few names belong to high-profile Disney stars – hardly surprising after the high-profile year the studio has had so far.
Here are just some of the shining Disney stars you’ll find on this year’s list…
- Andi Mack’s stars Asher Angel and Peyton Elizabeth Lee.
- Disney Channel golden girl Olivia Holt, who starred in popular Disney Channel Original movies like Girl vs. Monster, Kickin’ It and I Didn’t Do It. Holt also became part of the MCU in 2018 when she joined the cast of Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger.
- Marvel superstars Zendaya an Tom Holland also feature on the list, as well as Game of Thrones and Dark Phoenix star Sophie Turner.
- They’re yet to even dive into filming, but two young stars of the upcoming live-action Little Mermaid are clearly making waves in Hollywood right now – Halle Bailey (who is set to play Ariel) and Jacob Tremblay (set to voice Ariel’s best friend Flounder) both appear on the coveted list. Bailey recently spoke out about her exciting casting, stressing that she isn’t worried about negativity.
- Lion King stars JD McCrary (Little, The Paynes) and Shahadi Wright (Us, Hairspray Live!) also appear on the list. The pair provided the voices for young Simba and Nala in Jon Favreau’s live-action reimagining of the animated classic, The Lion King.