Disney+ is making a huge splash this awards season, as the streamer earned an astounding 19 nominations, 15 of those going to their groundbreaking hit Star Wars series The Mandalorian.
Below is the list of categories The Mandalorian is nominated in:
- Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance (for Waititi as IG-11)
- Outstanding Production Design For A Narrative Program [Half-Hour]
- Outstanding Cinematography For A Single-Camera Series [Half-Hour]
Outstanding Fantasy/Sci-Fi Costumes
- Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing For A Drama Series
- Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup For A Series, Limited Series, Movie Or Special
- Outstanding Music Composition For A Series [Original Dramatic Score]
- Outstanding Guest Actor In A Drama Series (for Esposito as Moff Gideon)
- Outstanding Drama Series
- Outstanding Sound Editing For A Comedy Or Drama Series [Half-Hour] And Animation
- Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Comedy Or Drama Series [Half-Hour] And Animation
- Outstanding Special Visual Effects
- Outstanding Stunt Coordination For A Drama Series, Limited Series Or Movie
- Outstanding Hosted Nonfiction Series Or Special (The World According To Jeff Goldblum)
- Outstanding Short Form Animated Program (Forky Asks A Question: What Is Love?)
- Outstanding Narrator (The Imagineering Story, Angela Bassett)
- Outstanding Contemporary Hairstyling For A Variety, Nonfiction Or Reality Program (A Celebration Of The Music From Coco)
- Outstanding Production Design For A Variety Special (The Little Mermaid Live!)
- Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control For A Special (The Little Mermaid Live!)
Read: Prepare To Be ‘Spooked’: New Supernatural Comedy In The Works At Disney+
The 72nd Emmy Awards will be hosted by Jimmy Kimmel and will be broadcast on Sunday, September 20, 2020, at 8:00-11:00 p.m. EDT/5:00-8:00 p.m. PDT, on the Disney-owned ABC.
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action, and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios. Disney+ is available as part of a bundle offer that gives subscribers access to Disney+, Hulu (ad-supported), and ESPN+. Visit DisneyPlus.com to subscribe and/or learn more about the service.