Going into its fifth weekend, Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings is continuing to show strong numbers at the pandemic era box office. On Thursday, the film became the first film to hit $200 million domestically in the pandemic era.
The film is closing in on $370M at the worldwide box office, as it currently sits at $366M, so Shang-Chi should hit the mark by the end of the weekend. The film is expected to be the number 2 film at this weekend’s box office behind Sony/Marvel’s newest film Venom: Let There Be Carnage, which took in $11.6M in Thursday night previews, this ends Shang-Chi’s four-week reign at number one.
What makes this news so astounding is that Shang–Chi was able to do this without a streaming release, versus the day and date model with Disney+ Premier Access that films like Black Widow and Jungle Cruise had prior. The film is set to hit Disney+ on November 12. The success of the film also gave The Walt Disney Company the confidence to release their remaining 2021 theatrical slate to an exclusive theatrical release, so no Disney+ for Eternals or Encanto.
Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings debuts on all major digital platforms on November 12 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD on November 30. Marvel fans can enjoy never-before-seen bonus material including 11 deleted scenes and a gag reel.
Beginning November 12, “one of Marvel’s best origin stories” (Sean Mulvihill, Fanboy Nation), Shang-Chi, and The Legend of The Ten Rings will be available to all Disney+ subscribers. The film also arrives on all digital stores such as Apple TV, Prime Video, and Vudu with exclusive bonus features.
Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings Bonus Features*
- Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun mishaps on set with the cast and crew of Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings.
- Deleted Scenes
- They’re Waiting – Shang-Chi and Katy connect with Xialing over a call.
- Take a Shot – Katy has a moment of resolve during a battle.
- Apology – Years after his sudden absence, Shang-Chi tries to apologize to Xialing.
- I’m Here – Shang-Chi and Katy have a conversation in the alley. Katy reassures Shang-Chi that she will always be his support system.
- Pep Talk – In order to turn the tide, Razor Fist encourages Katy during the middle of a battle.
- Greatness – Trevor and Katy bond over passions in their getaway car.
- Escape Tunnel – The gang slips out through Trevor’s escape tunnel in order to secure a getaway vehicle.
- Two Sons – Xu Wenwu compares Shang-Chi and Razor Fist during a tense dinner.
- Postcard – Shang-Chi and Xu Wenwu reunite as father and son. Shang-Chi makes it clear he disagrees with Xu Wenwu’s philosophy.
- Just Friends – Katy and Xialing get to know each other. Xialing asks Katy some personal questions.
- Do It Yourself – Xu Wenwu returns to his empire after the Iron Gang boss is captured.
- Building a Legacy – Go behind the scenes and explore Shang-Chi’s explosive debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Family Ties – A deep dive into the rich but complicated legacy of Shang-Chi and Xu Wenwu.
- Audio Commentary – View the film with Audio Commentary by Destin Daniel Cretton and Dave Callaham.