Now, I must admit, we at The DisInsider try our best to cover Walt Disney World news; however, we are a California-based site that focuses most of our coverage on movies, television, streaming, and the Disneyland Resort. That said, the Star Wars Galatic Starcruiser opened up for press previews and we thought we’d share some of the experiences some of our friends had.
First up, is Peter and Kitra of Ordinary Adventures have put together in my opinion the best youtube footage of their stay. In the 50 minute video, which you can check out below, they highlight everything the newest resort has to offer.
Our friends at ThrillGeek have also been putting together some nice coverage over on their Twitter account. The theme park news site has put together not one, not two, but three videos on their experience. Each highlighting their own unique experience, from immersive world-building to all the fun character meet-and-greets and the fun shows put on.
The Star Wars-themed luxury hotel is located near Disney’s Hollywood Studios, in the EPCOT-Hollywood Studios Resort Area of the Walt Disney World Resort in Bay Lake, Florida outside of Orlando. It was originally scheduled to open in 2021. However, it was delayed to March 1, 2022, as part of Walt Disney World’s 50th-anniversary celebration, since the opening was postponed indefinitely following the closure of the park due to the coronavirus pandemic. The hotel accompanies the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge-themed area in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Launch Pods – Arrive at the terminal, enter a Launch Pod, blast off into space and rendezvous with the Halcyon!
- The Halcyon Starcruiser – The launch pod docks with a glamorous starcruiser known for exotic expeditions in a galaxy far, far away.
- The Atrium – Discover the heart of the Halcyon, a welcoming place where crew and passengers gather.
- The Bridge – Operate the ship’s navigation and defense systems under the crew’s guidance.
Exclusive Amenities and Experiences
- Lightsaber Training – Experience the traditional art of wielding a lightsaber and put your training skills to the test.
- Passenger Cabin – Each cabin features its own window into space with a view of spectacular ships and galactic sights.
- The Engineering Room – Sneak into a crew-only area and discover the inner workings of the ship’s systems.
- The Sublight Lounge – Sip a drink in this stylish lounge, a warm and inviting retreat for passengers of all ages.
- Crown of Corellia Dining Room – Enjoy unforgettable meals in a setting known throughout the galaxy for first-class cuisine and intriguing conversation.
Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser resort hotel costs around $5,299 for two adults and a child for a 2-day stay. A whopping price, yes, but the resort promises to give guests the most immersive and fun experience during your stay, which should make the cost worth every penny. For more info on the resort and including how to book your stay, visit www.starwarsgalacticstarcruiser.com.