Rumors swirled last week that Disney had canceled the Ewan McGregor led Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ series. While that rumor has been debunked, there is indeed some trouble with the series.
According to Collider, their sources informed them the Obi-Wan series has been put on hold, as the crew that had assembled at Pinewood Studios in London was sent home. A timeframe was not given, but the crew was told that the show would be down “indefinitely.”
I was told a few days ago by my trusted source that it was due to script issues, and Collider has now officially confirmed that, reporting its Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy who is unhappy with the script.
Read: ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars‘ Returns With New Episodes Only On Disney+ Premiering February 21
The script is expected to get a massive overhaul, with the hopes that the production can move to this Fall, as it was originally set to begin production this Summer.
Kenobi was expected to be set eight years after the events of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, which puts it 11 years before the events of Star Wars: A New Hope. Reports have surfaced that the series is currently casting a young Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia. With the script overhaul coming this could all change.
There has also been speculation that the series could also overlap with some of the characters from Solo: A Star Wars Story, which would make a lot of sense as the film reveals the return of Darth Maul. However, Maul and Obi-Wan had a rematch in Star Wars: Rebels which is considered canon. Once again, this is could and is likely to change
The series is still set to be directed by Deborah Chow, who received praise for her work on The Mandalorian, will take on directing duties for Obi-Wan. The series will be written by Hossein Amini (Drive).
‘Crater’ Debuting on Disney+ in May, First Look Revealed
‘Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny’ To Debut At Cannes
BREAKING: ‘Secret Invasion’ Release Date Revealed