Rumor: Lucasfilm Continues to Cut Down on ‘The Mandalorian’
The Mandalorian season three is in full swing, but a new report suggests that the shortest episode to date could be coming next week.
The reported runtime of The Manalorian season three episode four is 30 minutes and 39 seconds, leaving fans divided on the future of Din Djarin (Pedro Pascal) and Grogu:
The era of “filler” episodes plagues many series on streaming services, leaving social media to pull apart said series.
With Lucasfilm potentially introducing a 30-minute episode, the shortest in the program’s history, fans will undoubtedly be wishing for more Bo-Katan Kryze (Katee Sackhoff) and Moff Gideon (Giancarlo Esposito).
Nonetheless, Dave Filoni penning the upcoming episode, every Star Wars fan should keep an eye out for any mentions of Ahsoka and Star Wars Rebels, as Ezra Bridgerand Grand Admiral Thrawn were heavily teased in the season three premiere.
If fans were to get Ahsoka in episode four, fans will understandably wish for a longer episode runtime.
In all of this, take this information with a grain of salt, as the reported runtime remains a rumor.
More about The Mandalorian
Learn more about the main characters of the franchise:
- The Mandalorian (Pedro Pascal): The protagonist of the series, he is a skilled bounty hunter who adheres to a strict code of honor. He is a member of the Mandalorian culture and wears the iconic Mandalorian armor, which he uses to protect himself and those he cares about.
- Grogu (aka “The Child” or “Baby Yoda”): A mysterious and powerful infant of the same species as the legendary Jedi Master Yoda, he is a key figure in the series and the Mandalorian’s main companion. He has a strong connection to the Force and possesses incredible abilities that make him a valuable asset.
- Cara Dune (Gina Carano): A former Rebel shock trooper, she is a skilled fighter and ally to the Mandalorian. She has a tough exterior but cares deeply for those she trusts and is willing to risk her life to protect them.
- Greef Karga (Carl Weathers): A former magistrate turned ally, he is the leader of the bounty hunter guild that employs the Mandalorian. He has a complicated history with the Mandalorian but eventually becomes a valuable ally in his quest to protect Grogu.
- Moff Gideon (Giancarlo Esposito): The main antagonist of the series, he is a former officer of the Imperial Security Bureau who seeks to acquire Grogu for his own nefarious purposes. He is a cunning and ruthless adversary who will stop at nothing to achieve his goals.
These characters and their relationships drive the plot of The Mandalorian and keep viewers coming back for more.