‘The Mandalorian’ Reveals Who Saved Grogu from Order 66
Jar Jar Binks is back in Star Wars.
Well, the actor of Jar Jar Binks, Ahmed Best, is officially back in the galaxy far, far away in the latest episode of The Mandalorian.
Ahmed Best plays Jedi Kalleran, the lone Force-user who protected Grogu/”Baby Yoda” from an ambush of clone troopers at the Coruscant Jedi Temple.
In a turn of events, showrunner Jon Favreau and executive producer Dave Filoni (both of whom penned the episode) introduced a somewhat new character that solved a multi-year mystery amongst every Star Wars on who saved Grogu.
Who Saved Grogu?
Forget “who shot JD,” who the heck is Kelleran Beq?
Kelleran made his first appearnce in Jedi Temple Challenge, a created-for-YouTube series featuring actor Ahmed Best portraying the character.
Now, Kelleran is canon and creating a huge impact on the Mando Universe.
Before the destination in which Kelleran and Grogu are traveling in the Naboo H-type Nubian yacht — the same cruiser that Padmé Amidala (Natalie Portman) and Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) flew from Naboo to Tatooine to Geonosis in Episode II – Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (2002) — is revealed, it’s evident that Naboo government has a justification for risking the lives of the cruiser’s entire crew for the life of Grogu.
Will Sith Lord Jar Jar Binks finally be revealed in The Mandalorian universe? The galaxy far, far away may never know.
Fans will have to keep guessing on what’s next for Grogu’s flashbacks.
More about The Mandalorian
Learn more about the main characters of the franchise:
- The Mandalorian (Pedro Pascal): The protagonist of the series, he is a skilled bounty hunter who adheres to a strict code of honor. He is a member of the Mandalorian culture and wears the iconic Mandalorian armor, which he uses to protect himself and those he cares about.
- Grogu (aka “The Child” or “Baby Yoda”): A mysterious and powerful infant of the same species as the legendary Jedi Master Yoda, he is a key figure in the series and the Mandalorian’s main companion. He has a strong connection to the Force and possesses incredible abilities that make him a valuable asset.
- Cara Dune (Gina Carano): A former Rebel shock trooper, she is a skilled fighter and ally to the Mandalorian. She has a tough exterior but cares deeply for those she trusts and is willing to risk her life to protect them.
- Greef Karga (Carl Weathers): A former magistrate turned ally, he is the leader of the bounty hunter guild that employs the Mandalorian. He has a complicated history with the Mandalorian but eventually becomes a valuable ally in his quest to protect Grogu.
- Moff Gideon (Giancarlo Esposito): The main antagonist of the series, he is a former officer of the Imperial Security Bureau who seeks to acquire Grogu for his own nefarious purposes. He is a cunning and ruthless adversary who will stop at nothing to achieve his goals.
These characters and their relationships drive the plot of The Mandalorian and keep viewers coming back for more. Though Gina Carano will not be returning to reprise her role of Cara Dune, fans are hoping to learn more about what became of the character.