Vegan guests at Disneyland and Disney World will soon be in for a pleasant treat because the Disney U.S. Parks are going to be launching a new plant-based menu!
Starting October 1st and October 3rd the Walt Disney World Resort will debut over 400 vegan options at their quick service and table service locations, which are identified by a green leaf icon. Some meals part of the new menus include:
- Steamed Asian Dumplings from Le Cellier at Epcot – You’ll love these plant-based meat dumplings, served with bok choy, Chinese long beans, red peppers and radish in a delicious and fragrant Asian broth.
- Shiriki Noodle Salad from Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen at Magic Kingdom Park – This refreshing salad is made with noodles, edamame beans, mushrooms, green mango and cucumber, tossed with a sweet chili sauce.
- Felucian Garden Spread from Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge (Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Park at the Disneyland Resort) – Made with plant-based “kefta,” herb hummus, tomato-cucumber relish and pita, this is the perfect bite for your visit to a galaxy far, far away
- Chili-Spiced Crispy Fried Tofu Bowl from Satu’li Canteen at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – This taste of Pandora features crispy tofu, seasoned with chili-spice and topped with a crunchy vegetable slaw, boba balls and your choice of base and sauce.
- Plant-Based Cashew Cheescake from California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Just one of many scrumptious plant-based desserts available at Walt Disney World Resort.
Although the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts have been accommodating guests with alternative menus to fit their dietary needs, vegan options have been limited, and Vegan guests of Disneyland will not be introduced to the new menu until Spring 2020.
While the Disneyland menu prepares for its 2020 release, here are a few (not all) of the vegan options guests can enjoy during their visit:
- Mickey Mouse Pretzels
- Fruit Cups
- Trail Mix
- Pineapple Spears
- Mango Slices
- Apple-Granola Pancakes— request they be made vegan
- Steal-Cut OatmealMickey Waffles—You must request that they are made vegan.
- House Salad
- Chef’s Vegan Burger
- Grilled Vegetable and Whole-Grain Salad—order it without cheese, it is also served with a breadstick so it mat contain butter
- Jolly Holiday Salad—order it without the cheese. it is also served with a breadstick so it may have butter as well
- Tomato Basil Soup
- Potato Flautas
- Vegan Burger – request to be made vegan
- Vegan Nachos – request to be made vegan
- Ratatouille – request to be made vegan
Dole Whips and the Lemon Soft Serve are also vegan.
Are you vegan and frequently visit the parks? If so, share your favorite snacks and meals!
Source: Disney Parks Blog