Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

The DisInsiderThe DisInsider

Lucasfilm

New Info About Rey’s Standalone ‘Star Wars’ Film Emerges

The last time we got any promising info about the upcoming Star Wars movie centering on Rey was right before the New Year. While the film is expected to begin filming in a little over a month, a new rumor not only supports that. It also gives insight into how important it will to the overall franchise.

According to industry insider Daniel RPK, the film is still very much on track to begin filming. Although he does not provide a timeline, he says that the plan is for the project to shoot exclusively in the United Kingdom.

READ: Kevin Feige’s Star Wars Film Is Dead.

He affirms that the film is still the very early stages because the studio is still casting. More specifically, RPK says that the studio is looking to fill three more main roles: Rey’s two apprentices and the film’s antagonist. As of now, there unfortunately aren’t any other reportable details about those characters. Still, there is one more piece of info he shared about the project.

RPK alleges that there are currently no plans for the film to have a sequel, stating it is designed as a real standalone film. RPK clarifies that, like any film, it could still get a sequel. However, the studio doesn’t seem entirely dependent on it to spark another trilogy.

Now, because this info has yet to be confirmed by Disney or any other major trade we do urge you to take it with a grain of salt. Considering RPK’s track record, however, we are inclined to believe it is all true.

READ: RUMOR – Angela Bassett Circling Role In New ‘Star Wars’ Project

The new Star Wars film will be directed by Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy (Ms. Marvel) from a script by Steven Knight (Peaky Blinders). The movie has previously been said to follow the events of Rise of Skywalker, centering on Rey as she builds a new Jedi Order.

Further plot details are being kept under wraps; However, Ridley did share a little tease a couple weeks ago, “I’m very excited. The story is really cool. I’m waiting to read a script because, obviously, I don’t have any other updates. It’s not what I expected, but I’m very excited.”

It feels like forever since we have had Star Wars on the big screen but Lucasfilm has multiple projects in the works, which include Dave Filoni’s Mando-verse film, which will connect storylines that began with The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, Ahsoka, and Skeleton Crew, a dawn of the Jedi film from James Mangold (Logan), a Lando project from Donald and Stephen Glover, and mystery projects from Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok) and Shawn Levy (Deadpool 3).

SOURCE: Daniel RPK


Discover more from The DisInsider

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Disney News

D23

It’s D23 weekend with Disney bringing all their entertainment news to attendees at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. In the 2 hour showcase...

Lucasfilm

I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to see ” Star Wars: Visions Presents- The Ninth Jedi ” before release and man it...

Disney

July 5, 1988: Maelstrom opens at Epcot. July 6, 2018: Ant-Man and the Wasp opens in theaters. July 7, 2006: Pirates of the Caribbean:...

Disney

June 29, 2007: Ratatouille is released in theaters. June 30, 2023: Indiana Jones & the Dial of Destiny is released in theaters. July 1,...

Discover more from The DisInsider

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading